trying to have kids...

I have been wanting kids for many years now but havnt seem to have any luck! I have had 2 miscarages... the first one was a year an a half ago... i was only a month and a week pregnant when i had the miscarage and the second one was only 8 months ago and i was almost 2 months pregnant... bfor that i had problems getting pregnant and still have been having troubles... and when i do i never stay pregnant very long... my mother told me that every one on my dads side have had troubles with having kids and miscarages... my gand mother had 4 kids and 6 miscarages... does any one have any ideas on how i could get pregnant easier and not have another miscarage!?

Meanttobeamomma

Asked by Meanttobeamomma at 4:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My friend is having this same issue. Her doctor put her on birth control pills and she's supposed to take those for 3 months, then she's supposed to get off of them and once she skips the first dose they recommend her having sex almost every day if not every other day. Have you thought about doing that? Also, there's another study that's out saying caffeine is a major culprit in increasing your chances of a miscarriage. I don't know if you drink caffeine, but see if you give it up all together (soda, coffee, chocolate) that might help too. Sorry about your losses, I hope the next one is a success. Good Luck :)
    claytonsmommy12

Answer by claytonsmommy12 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• thank u ill try that... and yes im a big coffie drinker and that might be whats causing alot of this...
    Meanttobeamomma

Answer by Meanttobeamomma at 4:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• When you get pregnant again, immediately (as soon as you know) call your OB and ask them to have your progesterone levels checked. If they are low the OB can put you on progesterone pills that will help you get past the 12 week time frame, when you are less likely to miscarry. Of course this is only one of many reasons why women miscarry, but it is something that can easily be tested.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I would definately suggest going to your doctor. They may have better suggestions for you. Yes, caffine can be bad, but you have to be drinking a LOT.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 5:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2008