Pregnant and single HELP!!!

i found this website looking online for answers and right now i need some empowerment to assure me i can do this on my own. :(

GrowingMommy

Asked by GrowingMommy at 4:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes you can,if you have family that can back you up it will make it easier. If not then thats fine also. GOOD LUCK!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• There are SOO many women out there who do. I'm sure it'll be difficult at first. But you most certianly can do it! good luck mama!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 5:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Things won't be easy, but it wouldn't be easy even if you weren't single . A whole network of emotional support is right here at CM. Find a group in your area & make mommy friends now, they can help you with babysitting, or point you in the right direction for daycare. take the last month of prenancy and makefoods you can freeze so you have plenty of nutricious foods to nuke when you come home from the hospital. You probably qualify for WIC-which you can get now-just call your local health department. Take a lamaze class and a parenting class-both maybe free at your health dept. Find other single moms to trade watching eachother's child for a break. Sleeping when baby does inthe first 6 weeks-important-the dusting and laundry are not that important-they will still be there! You can do this! feel free to contact me if you ever need support!
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 5:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• As a single mom for 10 yrs let me tell you...it's tough but you find strength even when you think you have none left. There is alot of help out there, don't be afraid to ask for it. If you're close to family they can be a great source of support..child care, emotional support and just plain being there when they can. If not I'm sure you will find some wonderful friends along the way who can be just like family, I have and I cherish them. Don't be too freaked out and don't listen to EVERY advice you get. You'll figure out alot on your own by your own mistakes. And no matter what that baby will love you with all his/her heart...that's enough to get through the tough days :)
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 7:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2008