refrigerator~what brand

Do you know how much a side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator is?

I can buy a used one for $600 and it is only 3 to 4 years old. The guy selling it to us is our friend so I know it was well taken care of and he is honest. This is another item we want to buy with our income tax money after the bills are paid.
I think it has the water despenser on it too but we won't be using it b/c our water is nasty. Sulfer.

Do you think it is a good deal? Opinions please!

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 11:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Shopping

• Depends on the features. You can get a plain no ice in the door stainless steel fridge for about $800 and they go up in the thousands. We are looking at a Whirlpool that is regularly $1400 though you can get it on sale at times for less
    I have a GE and would never buy one again
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have no idea..but my Husband and I like GE and Kenmore. Bumping for you!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We bought a new stainless steel refrigerator just over a year ago. It's a Kenmore. It's not a side-by-side. The freezer is on the bottom. Although Kenmore is Sears' store brand name, I believe it is actually made by RCA Whirlpool. It has given us good service thus far. The only other Kenmore appliances we've ever owned are an upright freezer, which we've had for years and never had any trouble with, and an old microwave that was still working when we got rid of it. We paid way more than $600 for ours, so if you like this one, it's probably a good deal.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Last years we bought an LG with 2 freezer drawers at the bottom. No complaints.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• depends on the quality of it i guess .. read some reviews on the products
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I bought a side by side na dit was 1200 it isn't stainless but I looked at the stainless and it is $1800 so.... I htink I would rather have new just for the warrenty.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2011