online school/kids

I have 3 kids all under 3... but i really want to go back to school. so my question is have any of you mammas tried online school was it easy once you got the hang of a schedule for the kids and you schooling??

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 11:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in

• I have taken classes online, but it was to further a degree I already had.

I used to do the course when my son was sleeping. The assignements were given and had to be turned in weekly. It didn't matter when it was completed as long as you turned in the assignment by the due date. They mailed me the book and I also had to watch 'sessions' online, but it didn't matter what time of day I accessed them. We also had to participate on a message board several times during the week.

As I was a single mother at the time, it was perfect for me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Be sure to stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2011