Who in DH's family do you not get along with? What do you do about it?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I get along with everyone. Not because they are all perfect but because I love and respect my husband.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I get along with all of them but I do know what to expect of each, so when they do things I do not like it doesn't take me by surprise.

Answer by older at 11:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• That would be his brother. This whole situation i am really at a loss. Most of his family seems to think he can do no wrong but we know what he is really like, he always blames someone else for his mistakes and makes others look like the bad one. like me. I just try to ignore him as much as i can and hopefully he will stay away from my house.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• His step mother. She doesn't really Semper nice and doesn't talk to me or dh when we come over.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I get along with everyone just fine. That does not, however, mean that I'd like to spend an unlimited amount of time with any of them (with the exception of his sister).
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 12:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• None of his immediate family, they depise me for marrying him. I am not about to trust them after the cruel comments they have made behind my back. His other relatives are a little more nicer to me, I guess it is hard to tell.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• DH's family is super! So far I can't say that I haven't gotten along with them BUT I also haven't known them very long and they live on the other side of the country so we don't see them often. I think that is the best arrangement. I always thought having family close by all the time was an enviable thing, but seeing the relationships of some of my married freinds and their in-laws, I'm glad I don't see every little annoying quirk they have.
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 12:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I get along with my dh's family
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i don't get along with any of them. his mom and i get along better now than we used to, but we still have issues. we just are not very close with them at all. i have my husband, and our kids, and my family. that's all i need :)
    Momma24Cuties

Answer by Momma24Cuties at 1:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• to answer the second part of the question- we just stay away from them as often as possible. They are constantly causing all kinds of drama so we just try not to associate with them much.
    Momma24Cuties