I am potty training my 2 year ........................

I have a little girl and shes 2 years old she was doing way way good at potty training and like suddenly she stop coming to me to say that she needs to go potty she would just pee her pants or just go on her own to the potty sometimes . well a couple time i caught her playing with her poop and smearing it on things ..... gross lol but it true. it just seem like we were so close to being all the way potty trained and it slowly decreased. sooo if the is any advice i would really really appreciated it

tearb

Asked by tearb at 11:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The only thing I can really think of is to back off a little and try again in a few months. Have there been any drastic (to her) changes in he life recently?

We started potty training with my son at two (he's now 7), got him almost totally potty trained and his best friend (my dad) "left" him. My dad had actually started driving semi trucks again so wasn't home all the time. We waited a bit and tried again, and again got him almost totally potty trained, now at 3 1/2, and his sister was born. We FINALLY had him out of diapers at 4ish.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• well i went throught that with my little girl and so i just left it alone fora couple of weeks and we tryed again and she is doing well now
    proudmom487

Answer by proudmom487 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My daughter started out doing well also and then just stopped wanting to use the potty.. I went to the dollar store adn bough a big ddecorative box and put stickers all over it and bought a bunch of little prizes and just told her that everytime she goes to the bathroom in the potty she would get a prize.. i put it up above the medicine cabinet in the bathroom where she could see it and be intrigued but oculdnt reach..!! it worked...
    rachaelcc

Answer by rachaelcc at 12:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I read a potty book (actually 5 b/c my dd was stubborn) and it said something about some kids personalities allow them to do well with potty training but then they "THINK" they've mastered it and lose interest to move on to something else. My dd did this where she would make progress then go back before she FINALLY got it down. I used stickers on a chart on fridge and she loved it. You can print free charts with favorite characters. we used elmo and diego. And if u dont have stickers, we drew stars sometimes. Once she mastered it, I gradually quit the stickers and told her she doesnt need them now b/c she's a big girl. No accidents in 2 months!!! Except the occassional mess where she doenst scoot far enough back and holds her legs spread eagle.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• ya im think that im going to let her do her own thing for a week . like if she wants potty on her own Im not going to stop her of course but i think i might just keep the diapers on for now .
    tearb

Comment by tearb (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011