How do you plan on celebrating Valentine's Day this year?

With Valentine's Day on a Monday this year, I'm struggling to come up with ideas. I have to work on Monday so I won't have much time to make a really special romantic dinner (unless we eat at 9pm) plus the kids are home and it's difficult for us to get a babysitter during the week. I was thinking of doing something on Saturday or Sunday instead but haven't come up with a solid plan yet. What are you planning to do?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 12:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• We are waiting until later this month since our DD will be seeing her grandparents it will be easier then for us too!
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Our daughters birthday is on Valentines day...so yeah..v-day revolves around her anymore,lol.
    Were having her 2nd bday party that Saturday before v-day.
    I've been so focused on her and the party plans I havent really thought about what to do special for "us",lol.
    Us? Us? Who is that? haha
    idk..maybe we'll try to spend some alone time together the following saturday..maybe a dinner or something.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I wont have kids that weekend :-)
    We are planning to go to a movie and maybe some dinner if we can get into a place. Otherwise I may suggest going out of town to a B&B just me and him over night. Right now though, nothing is set in stone.

Answer by gemgem at 12:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We don't do much...I'll have a small heart shaped box of chocolates for each kid with a small stuffed animal waiting for them in the morning, maybe a balloon too. We'll have a normal day, I'll give DH a sweet card and maybe a book he's been wanting. He will probably come home from work and bring me my favorite red tulips and a card. I'll make a nice dinner for us to have after the kids go to sleep, not sure what yet. If money were no object, we'd get a babysitter for Saturday night and have an awesome dinner out.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm really not sure yet. I know, a little late, huh? LOL. Last year it was chocolate covered strawberries and champaign in the hot tub compliments of oldest DD. SO always has good surprises planned, too! I will probably cook a nice romantic meal (unless he takes us out like he tends to do) along with a heart-shaped red velvet cake.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It will be just another day in our house. We don't really celebrate it.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 12:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• This is our first valentine's as a married couple so we want to do something kinda special... we're thinking about just making a tradition of our first valentine's together and going to the aquarium and sushi bar afterwards (I would only eat the cooked stuff). We'll most likely celebrate it over the weekend, like sunday, because DH works long hours. But, then again, I have been wanting to go to Big Bear Lake... my friend has a cabin up there so it would be nice to have a short getaway before the baby comes!
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 12:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We don't.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 1:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• not sure what hubby has planned.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Hubby bought me Jason Aldean tickets- we are going to Columbus for the weekend (later in February) so that's kind of our Valentine's Day plans... they'll just be a couple weeks late. I LOVE Valentine's Day... it's my favorite holiday. I'm a romantic at heart :)
    Momma24Cuties

Answer by Momma24Cuties at 1:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2011