pregnant sil writes letter

Long story short, if your SIL wrote a letter accusing us of doing this or that over the years and then askes why we do not want to spend all our free time with her. I dont want to go into details regarding the personal letter, but it was not friendly.
She mentions that she is on a emotinal roller coaster so that is why she must write this rude letter. So we politely responded and corrected some of the false accusations she made towards us. She called my DH all emotional and begging him to be more involved in her pregnancy so we have set up a few gathering to visit with each other.
But I am still a little shocked and hurt from the mean things she mentioned in the letter. What is the best way to handle this without being walked all over at the sametime?

a little history is that in law family has been talking about me behind my back since day one and they have not made any effort to be true friends. Last year I found out some of the nasty stuff they have said behind my back and when we confronted them the said the person who said it was crazy.

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry you're going through this.She sounds like she needs help! Do not take it personally. If you need a break from them, take one. Good luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The greatest thing about being an adult is that you can choose to associate with family or not. If they're rude and disrespectful to you tell your hubby that you'd rather not go, and why, and could he please tell his family why you're choosing not to attend. I've had to do that with my in-laws. At gatherings I can sit in the middle of a conversation and will be ignored, talked over, interrupted, walked away from in the middle of a sentence, and generally treated like crap. I choose not to attend anymore, and have let my hubby know exactly why.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011