Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Seizures, Epilepsy...

Growing up I never had any help problems when i was 17 I started dating and as any relationship we had our problems. I got pregnant and in my 8th month when I was 20 I was sitting on the sofa watching tv and just began to shake uncontrollably. I went to the hospital was tested and they said the found nothing. Unfortunately the nurse gave me the wrong medication in my IV and it burnt so bad going in, it caused me to have a even more violent episode shaking so badly, my eyes rolled in the back of head and i stopped breathing. I'm now 23 and since then I've had random "episodes" on and off some caused by pain, some by stress, and some by drastic events (I hit a dog and it caused me to have one). I've been to the ER over 6 times and yet to be truly diagnosed. One doctor told me it 'seemed' like Generalized Anxiety Disorder after I passed out at work and hit my head on a beam, but he said he couldn't be sure. Anyone have a similar health problem.

thelovelymzbre

Asked by thelovelymzbre at 12:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Health

• I have a seizure disorder.. and when I first started having episodes they werent finding anything.. have you seeen a nuerologist?? Had an EEG??
    rachaelcc

Answer by rachaelcc at 12:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would see a neurologist.

My youngest had a what we thought was a seizure just over a year ago. The doctors ordered all sorts of tests, including an EEG and an EKG. I thought they were over reacting, but did them anyway. First they thought that he had a heart condition, but it wasn't seen on the 2nd EKG. We did the tests and waited the 3 months to get in neurology. 4 days before the neuro appt. he had another seizure. That seizure was the deciding factor in whether to medicate him or not. Once you have more than one seizure the chances you will have more climbs to 80%. He has been on meds since April and is doing really well.

This is your brain and your health. See a neurologist.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes, go see a neurologist. I have had seizures all my life. Some things you mentioned sounds familiar and some don't.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011