Anyone's child ever have pinworms?

My mom mentioned it to me because my daughter has been getting up every night and won't go back to sleep. She was always a great sleeper. I read that it keeps some kids up at night.

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• was in my childs school
    we missed that bullet
    but if i remember the signs
    at night, can have itching around bum hole
    if i remember right, take clear tape and place on bum hole - i think it is best after a time when they wake up
    look on internet, as since we missed it, have that remembered all the things to look for

on tape you should be able to see the pin worms, about sixe of folded up staples
    not always able to see worms though

itching on bum biggest sign

good luck, hope you too dodge the bullet
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes while pregnant w/my second , my df & i and my oldest were all itching down there, my son kept picking at his but, i never saw any type of worm but the dr said we had them, he gave my son a pill my dr gave me one as well, after we went to the bathroom we stopped itching.
    Anonymous

• I had them when I was a child. I don't remember ever taking anything to get rid of them, but they did finally go away. The itching I still remember.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes, my son had them. He was not up during the night, though. The whole family took pills and we never had them again.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No, sorry. It should be easy to diagnose.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 4:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• my sisters a pediatrician and u use the tape to collect them and bring to doc to identify and they can prescribe a pill
    RyleesMama09

Answer by RyleesMama09 at 3:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2011