For those with an only child, do you ever regret it?

My daughter is 2 and very strong willed. Her and my niece are very close so think I might be good with just one. I think it takes a lot of patience to have more kids and I don't know if I have enough. Lol just being honest!

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope, I don't regret it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my mom only had me and i'm sure she doesnt regret it! she didnt have a choice, but she definitely wasnt a patient person either :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have one son who is 5 years old. I do wish with all my heart he had some siblings...lol. I am praying and hoping our family will grow again by adoption. I know my son would love the chance to be a brother..lol.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• nope,no regrets

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• mine is 2 as well and up till now i wanted another one cause she always seamed bored and i hated being an only child till i was 7 now im the oldest of 7 and i love it so yes i would regret not having another one
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No, regret is not the word. But once in a while I do think he would have been great with sibling. But I love our family, its perfect for us. We have so much fun together and we are creating great memories with him :)
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No regrets at all. But then, I don't believe in regrets, which mean you're focusing on what you want instead of what you've got.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Mine is almost three, and I already do feel bad some of the time. I always wanted to have a family like the way mine was growing up - I've got two sisters younger than me, and we're all two years apart - but it's too late for that. I want more kids, but at this rate, Aden could very well be like...10 by the time I have another one. I'm single now and I have no intention of looking for a new partner anytime soon. I know he would love being a big brother at his age, and I sometimes do feel bad for not being able to give him that.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I only have one- he's 9. I always thought he would be an only child but lately I'm hoping to have more. He has friends and cousins but when he gets older I want him to have brothers and sisters. Someone he can always be close to and have for support, someone who will be there unconditionally.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I grew up an only child and was LONELY. Everywhere we lived there were NO kids my age, so if I wanted to play with friends I'd have to beg my dad to drive me to their house to play. He was always working, so was never home; I was also a latchkey kid most of my life.

I have two kids of my own now, and really do enjoy that they have each other, even though the dynamics of siblings fly miles over my head. I'm not the most patient of people either, but two works for me. When they're really getting on my nerves I can tell them to go play in a room with each other, and then I can have some Mommy Time to get myself together again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011