Cleaning Coffee pot, and plastic lid!

I have cleaned the coffee pot with hot water and soap, that seemed to work. Then i soaked the lid (it comes off) and did'nt do anything!! I have read or heard from word of mouth to clean pot with salt or vinegar. How often and how much? Tsp.....TBsp.....Cup???? Thanks!

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 12:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• uhhh i just use vinegar it eats the eww
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't know I just always put them in the dishwasher and have never had any problems.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I just use soap and water for the decanter, but the coffee maker itself can be cleaned with vinegar. Put a small bottle of white vinegar in the coffee maker. Turn it on and let about 2 cups come out. Turn the coffee maker off and let it sit for a hour. Then turn it on again and let the rest of the vinegar run through it. Run a pot of cold water through the coffee maker before making coffee.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I fill the pot with vinegar and pour into the water reservior. Let it half run through and turn it off to let it set for 30 minutes. Then let it run the rest of the way through. Use rag on pot and run 3 different pots of fresh water through so coffee doesnt taste like vinegar. I do it monthly. Makes my coffee pot run faster. Oh, and put a clean filter in when u use the vinegar so u can see the yuck that comes out.interesting
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I fill the resevoir with white vinegar and run all of it thru. then I empty it back into the resevoit and run it thru again. After that I empty it and wipe it dry. I have a lot of calcium and lime in our water here.
    grammawjo

Answer by grammawjo at 2:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2011