Using hot sauce and cold showers as discipline.

How could anyone do this to their child? I'm so disgusted.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14212817

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 12:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• There was a thing on doctor Phil about it. I'm not a fan of his, but watched this. It made me sick to my stomach. How could any parent do this to an innocent child. The mother should be put in a freezing cold shower and shouldn't be allowed out until she's drank an entire bottle of hot sauce.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Apparently she may be facing some jail time...although I can't seem to find the details on that. Heard about this story on FB
    Syphon

Comment by Syphon (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Although today this is considered abuse, a lot of South American families in the old school days used this form of tactics to discipline their children. My parents use to do this to me and really did not work it just made me worse. Now that I'm a mother I point it out to my mom and she feels horrible about it. But it is more common than you would think.
    jenlesly

Answer by jenlesly at 12:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'd hope so. And I'm not sure if it's the same story as on dr. Phil, but the child was an adopted child. He should be taken out of that abusive house.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My question is how is drinking that much hot sauce not dangerous? It would be very painful to the mouth and possibly stomach. It could even flare an ulcer if the child is suscptable to such ailments. That is horrible.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 1:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I couldn't even watch it all. Made me cry. My cousin was adopted from Russia. She had lots of issues, but it was due to the situations she lived in, and she needed love and guidance, not discipline. I hope that child finds a home he can be loved in .
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• how could anyone be so cruel to a child of god it makes me sick to see so much abuse to innocent kids they should do the same to each parent that treats their kids wrong and see how they like it
    TWEETY188

Answer by TWEETY188 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011