Is anyone else moving during their 9th month???

DH and I have been planning to move since the beginning of the second trimester but we haven't been able to find a house we liked until recently. Now I am 35 weeks along and have to pack... and then unpack. My repressed nesting instinct is making me grumpy and overwhelmed!

foreversweetpea

Asked by foreversweetpea at 12:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no but i did last time it was so stressful but i only unpacked what i needed till after the baby came
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I did with my first little ones. I was more toward the 39 mark. I thought for sure I was going to go into labor while we were moving but she wound up coming late. I was so glad to get into our new house because we could pain and decorate and actually have a room that was all for the baby. Good luck and hang in there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• LOL funny you should mention this. We wound up moving TWICE, both time while I was pregnant and due any day. With my son I didn't think much about it. We were moving across a backyard, and I wasn't due for another week. So I was trudging back and forth and ignoring EVERYONE that was telling me to sit and chill and take it easy. At 2 am the next morning I woke up with really bad "cramps" and couldn't go back to sleep. At 8 am my doctor's office opened. The were able to see me at 9 or 10 am. Within the hour I was admitted into the hospital. At about 3ish am the NEXT morning my son was delivered by emergency C-section. That was just over 7 years ago.
    Almost 4 years ago we moved a couple weeks before my daughter was born by planned C-section, and neither myself, nor my husband would let me lift a finger to help move across the FRONT yard. The promised help he had never showed up to help either.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I just moved this past weekend! No movers. Just us an a couple of friends. I'm only 25 weeks though. I can tell you- I am still recovering. I think I slept for 12 hours last night! Hardly anything is unpacked yet.

Good luck though and just remember to take a break when you need to!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Wow actually the lease for my apartment is up in the beginning of march & I'm due right at the end. Problem is I'm suppose 2 move in w/a friend of mine but thats not until the end of March also. I'm kinda hoping that I give birth sumtym before my due date so I dont have 2 worry about putting myself into labor or hurting myself while moving. Good news is I dont have much 2 move & i'm basically bribing family members & close friends 2 help me w/da heavy lifting. So i say if you have access 2 extra hands, sit back & relax & i wouldnt worry about unpacking anything unnecessary until after the baby arrives.
    kool-aidbabe

Answer by kool-aidbabe at 12:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2011