would you do this to a friend?

if a friend confided in you about wanting an affair but doesnt go through with it would u tell her husband? or keep it between you two?
i had a friend stab me in the back cause the thought crossed my mind and i went to her to vent, just because i had the thought didnt meant i was going to and i didnt have an affair but she told my dh that i did. and now she cant figure out why im so pissed. i feel that thinking and doing are two different things, she had no right to say anything esp when she promised she wouldnt....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree. No matter what, you should be able to trust a friend. I've had "friends" stab me in the back with more minor things - I'd tell the one girlfriend I had what I was thinking about, and she would tell my then-boyfriend, feeling that it wasn't fair to him - even though she kept his secrets from me. I got so sick of it, I obviously stopped telling her anything, and then I had no one to talk to in real life. Needless to say, we are no longer friends.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i definitely wouldnt tell her husband thats ridiculous
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No, you should be able to trust a friend.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No right to say anything. Some people talk, vent, need an ear, sometimes good advice. I would be upset too.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• maybe she wants to be friends with your husband more than she wants to be friends with you. Lesson learned here, don't tell her anything you would not want posted on a billboard! there are some people like that and she may be one of them.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 1:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would never do that to a friend. Confidences between friends should be just that....private
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• OMG!! how many times have we girls giggled over a guy, and said i want that! or told someone "if they do that one more time, i am gonna kill 'em!" my friends would never do that!!! as i would not betray them! unfortunetly, it just goes to show that friendship is not always 2 sided!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 1:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• screen the people who you call a friend. trust is earned and not given. you have the right to be pissed. watch your back with your so-called friend.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Tell her the truth you no longer trust her and let her go tell her to kick rocks. If you cannot tell her what is deep in your heart and trust her with it she is not a true friend.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No, I would not tell based on it is their relatonship. Unless your friend wants your DH, then she had no business telling!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011