when am i going to give birth?

i am almost 37 weeks and 2 or 3 cm dilated and probably almost 100% effaced. i don't have any bad contractions or back pain anymore,just my pelvic area hurts a lot and i can barely walk and no sleep at night.
i am just curious,when everything suppose to start? i can't wait to meet my little girl. is it going to be couple more weeks,or maybe days,or maybe i will pass my due date?
how did you know,that labour is coming?
i suddenly got a burst of energy yesterday,wanted to clean and cook,but i don't feel this way today.

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• only time will tell
    You can stay that way for days to weeks.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i knnow you don't want to hear this but it really depends on your body, once i was 100% effaced it was only a matter of hours..my sister in law was 100% and 3 cms for a week untill they finally induced her. all i can say is go do some walking..thats all i did, walk walk walk to speed it up
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 12:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You answered your own question it could be a couple more weeks, days or longer. It is really hard to tell. I stayed dilated for a month at 3 before I have my little one late. And the last month can be miserable just remember that there will be an end and it will all be worth it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Like everyone else said, it just depends. You will know when you are having contractions. You know on those I didn't know I was pregnant shows most women say they feel like they really had to go to the bathroom, it really does kinda feel like that. At least it did to me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Walk as much as you can to hurry the process up!
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 1:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm the kind of person who thinks you'll just know. Don't rush it at 37 weeks... you've still got time.
    My son was 9 days late... when I went into labor, I just knew. I'd been having BH contractions for a week before that, but as soon as I went to bed and the real ones started, I knew they were real. Two contractions in I told my ex to get out of bed, we had to go. My water never broke or anything like that, so it wasn't a big rush... I just knew.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011