i am aparentally 16 weeks is it bad i havnt seen a doctor yet

i found out a little while ago but medicade lost my papers ... i dont think my dh put our case number on it ... im going on the 16th to a hospital that has its own health care plan cause its a learning hospital .... shands medical

nofi1389

Asked by nofi1389 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's not bad, but definitely don't procrastinate anymore - you're four weeks away from being halfway done! You want to make sure everything is going as it should!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Honestly, I was 5 1/2 months pregnant before I saw an OBGYN with my first DD. Didn't have any problems. Look at it this way - you can't turn back time. Just move forward and get on a regular visiting schedule with an OBGYN.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It is not the end of the world. It is preferable to see a doctor before that point. Usually they won't do a first ultrasound for size at that point which can be disappointing but it is what it is. Just make sure that you are taking care of yourself in the mean time and it will all work out. With my 2nd I did not make it in until around 25 weeks. I actually had appts scheduled but something always came up at the last minute to prevent me from going.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Where you taking any vitamins during this time? I would definitely buy some over the counter vitamins and keep my appointment.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• thx ladies
    nofi1389

Comment by nofi1389 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It depends on how much you know about pregnancy. If you are completely ignorant of what to do and what not to do then you could have put yourself and your baby in a dangerous spot. But the internet is full of good (ok. fine. and BAD) information about pregnancy. If you have been taking your prenatal vitamins, eating well, and not abusing yourself then you should be fine. But you should get checked soon.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• ill be checked on the 16th and its my second child
    nofi1389

Comment by nofi1389 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• as long as youre taking vitamins and eating healthy, avoiding things like smoking and drinking obviously.
    missmay5

Answer by missmay5 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• eww ciggeretts are so nasty
    nofi1389

Comment by nofi1389 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2011