baby shower

if i decide to have a baby shower, do you have to invite my inlaws or can I have one wiht just with my own family and friends?

Personally I preferr not be around their negative judgements at the party, especially after the crappy treatment I have endured from them over the years.

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• you invite who YOU want to invite, the shower is for you and should be a happy time.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• you can just have it for close friends and family and if they ask why or try to confront you on the situation say that you wanted a more intimate setting and you wanted to save money. they can hardly argue that.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• if there negitave then you dont have to cause your under alott of stress as is
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would invite them. They are half of your child's ancestry, and I would show them the courtesy. Asking them might even serve to heal some of the old wounds.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• None of my husband's side of the family were a part of my life when i was pregnant with our son. I didn't even invite them.
    Momma24Cuties

Answer by Momma24Cuties at 1:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• ok honestly I HATED MY BABY SHOWER cuz I had all my in-laws and they were rude pissed me off and even went as far as my husbands step sister who threw it got made at me for having the baby 5 days(dd 6wks early) be4 cuz it messed up the baby shower and the games she had planned.. they wouldnt even give me the clothes my mom sent me for the shower since I had her early so my mom wired me money to go buy more clothes to have til after the shower. they keep playing the games while I had to leave to feed and it just wasnt worth having. so with my other two when they wanted to throw me a shower I just said no thank you. that way I didnt have to go threw it again
    so its your shower do it how you want to!!!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 3:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You generally dont throw your own shower so have your sister, mother, or aunt plan it for you. If your in-laws ask why they werent invited just say: "My relative planned it for that side of the family. Maybe one of you guys should throw one for your side of the family! That would be fun!"
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011