What is the best advice you have gotten on here?

Whats the worst advice you have gotten on here?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in About CafeMom

• The worst advise was my 2yr old need counseling because something is wrong with him for hidiing in the kitchen cabinets.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 1:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Best: the answer to why my homemade enchiladas kept falling apart

Worst: that I need to go to church because I (and every other non-Christian) are tools of Satan until we repent
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Best- to check our "Orgasmic Birth" the video. Completely validated how I felt about going to the hospital before and helped my SO see why I wanted a natural birth. He is now much more supportive of the birth plan I wanted and is even bragging about how awesome and brave I am for doing it the way I want to.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Best: Ignore the trolls lol. Seriously, that's the best because then when you ignore them, it just leaves the good answers.

Worst: Oh geez.... Where do I start lol? To close a group a started for young Christian moms (which I had turned over to someone else) because I'm not a Christian (how DARE a non-Christian try to start a group for Christians!); get the epidural the second you get to the hospital (I wanted a natural birth, and I got one); and there are so many more I can't even remember. Those are just the two that stand out the most.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I really haven't gotten advice..now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever asked for any.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

Unfortunately, some of them are like herpes - treat them or ignore them, they're still coming back
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Best was where to order my cloth diapers.
    Worst, was more of people's opinions about debating questions. I've also had people chew me out for allowing my 2 yr old to still have a bottle at bed time....but also at the same time had another few mothers do the same, for similiar reasons. And reassured me thier kids turned out just fine letting them ween themselves off it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011