Gas

Is it normal for a newborn to pass gas alot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ohmygosh my daughter was a friggen truckdriver!! ...she passed gas all the time and was a burping machine!!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 4:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yeah my twins passed gas ALOT and it sounded like a man!!!! I couldn't believe how much gas a baby could have and I breastfed them till they called it quits at 6 months. Gripe water is good for gas, I used to get it at Babies-R-Us.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 5:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes it is very normal.
    karina400

Answer by karina400 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yea if it is hurting them then you should go get some gas drops always worked for my baby
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• yes! my daughter was soooo gassy! and they were loud too! you would think an adult was passing gas! most of the time a newborn gets gassy is when they are eating. if they are breastfeeding, they sometimes take in a lot of air when they hunt for the nipple. if they are bottle fed they are sucking the air that is trapped in the bottle.
    ang0343

Answer by ang0343 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Very normal... better that its coming out than staying in! Hopefully it stays that way. :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008