what to do?

My 7 month old daughter is pretty chubby (23lbs & 27inches) and she has lots of rolls. She gets a bath every other night and I make sure to get in between every roll. But on her left thigh, she has a raw spot in her roll. At first I thought it was an eczema spot but all the usual treatment hasn't helped. I've tried Vaseline Intensive Care, Reg Vaseline and cortizone but nothing has helped. What else can I use?

austinsmama1106

Asked by austinsmama1106 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try cornstarch. It will wick the moisture away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My daugher has a raw spot on her neck and it is a constant thing. sometimes worse then others. I say have the dr check her out. I think it is exzama. just really bad. The dr might have to perscribe a higher percentace hyrocotazone exzama lotion. My son had to be on some of the higher percentage stuff when he was younger. (it cleared up now that he is older- thankfully) Good luck
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son had a raw spot on his neck when he was a baby due to medical issues i ussed aquaphor it worked wonders!
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 1:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• She has spots on her neck too but they go away with lotion. She also has one in the crease of her leg where her diaper rubs.
    austinsmama1106

Comment by austinsmama1106 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Cornstarch. I use vaseline and cornstarch for diaper rashes when they have diareah too BTW.
    No worries, my son was 32 pounds at a year old, then once he was running it dropped like crazy. He is 2 1/2 and around 35 pounds now. You can start bathing her every night. By that point both my kids were in the tub 2x a day most days, in the shower with me in the morning and in their bath at night. I rarely use soap, only when they really need it too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Her doctor suggested only bathing her every other night because of how dry her skin gets with her eczema.
    austinsmama1106

Comment by austinsmama1106 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It needs to be dried out to heal - adding moisture is prolonging the healing process. Put nothing on it - just wipe it out and gently blow it dry a few times a day (with every or every other diaper change is good).
    Anonymous

• When this happened with my daughter, Vaseline cured it. However, if it is in or near her diaper area, its possible that all that chuckiness is making the diaper irritate her.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2011