Anyone else primarily shower their children?

When we remodeled our master bathroom, we left out the tub in lieu of a great shower. So, ever since my son outgrew his baby tub, he is given a shower. When we visit family, taking bath is a treat for him! We do have a tub upstairs, but it has slider doors on it, so it's uncomfortable to sit on the edge of the tub and bathe him. Also, it is REALLY cold up there in the winter!

JZ10FPM

Asked by JZ10FPM at 1:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• We don't have a tub here either so I shower with my girls. It's just easier to shower the 3 of us all at once. I'm hoping my 5 year old will get a little bit more independent and learn to wash her own hair sooner or later so she can shower alone.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I used to showith my son all the time, but for some reason he freaks out in the shower so he gets baths. Plus I have a 7 month old and they usually bathe together
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son is only two so we still do baths .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My babies shower with me most mornings then bath at night. It's just the routine. They love both. and my kids are 15m and 2 1/2.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My Son has been showering since before He turned 2. He is 3 1/2 now, and We stopped showering Together before His 3rd Birthday.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Our kids only shower - they get a bath if they are sick, and lucky! One of my DDs was getting frequent bladder infections, and the doc told us to try only showers for a while - she never had another since - because she's never had a bath since. So now, even though it's been a few years and none of the other kids got them, it's showers only for everyone. I slightly splurge on nicer shower heads ;).
    Anonymous

• it is baths once a week, but showers everyday, it is easier and faster.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011