How do you make an omlette?

I've never made one! I'm trying to use food we've got before I make my roommate feel forced to go buy more...and one of things we actually have is eggs. I've got those, as well as part of a green pepper and some diced tomatoes. Can I make an omlette with those??

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Can't tell..my recipe is secret. ;D But the other replies have some good ideas and directions!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't make a true omlette, as in folding the eggs over the fillings. I fry whatever I am putting in my omlette up first. Peppers and tomatoes are great, if you like onions they add great flavor. Anyways, then I pour the beaten up egg mixture over my fillings and just scramble it around. Then if I add cheese I sprinkle it on top once it's done cooking and let it melt. More like an egg scramble, that's how I like it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes you can! just get three eggs and beat them until well blended, then add the other ingredients and salt and pepper or any other spice you like, spray the pan with non stick spray so it won't stick and put it in medium heat until one side is cooked, then carefully turn it to cook the other side.

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i made one for the first time the other day, and im not even sure if it was a "politically correct" omelette LOL but it tasted good! i used about 4 eggs, beat them up, poured them into a hot skillet and added shredded cheese and ham to one side of it. then, when the bottom looked cooked, i flipped the side with nothing on it over on top of the side i added the extra stuff, and let it cook a little, turned it and cooked the other side of it. it was pretty tasty!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• you can make an omelette with anything. I usually use cheese and ham. I can't make them, I bought a RediSetGo and it makes my omelets for me! sometimes i just make scrambled eggs with the same things in it.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You can, especially if you add cheese! You don't need to make and omelette's, a "scramble" is easier. Just scramble your eggs (with a little milk) and start cooking them. When almost set, add in the pepper and tomatoes (cut up). After set, top with cheese and cover the pan. The cheese will be melted and all will be yummy. I have a hard time making omeletts and keeping them together;-)
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i am not one for the veggies in my omlet, but i like cheese and sometimes ham! beat your eggs, add a splash of milk, and pour in a SMALL frying pan. cover, when it looks like the eggs are cooked at least half way to the top, flip half of it over to make the moon shape. oh, add the goodies, (veggies, cheese ect, before folding) cover and finish cooking. but to be honest, you can just beat all the goodies and cook it like scrambeled eggs!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 1:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yup, I know many people who add that to their scrambled eggs. First I would saute those peppers and tomatoes, unless you like them better raw. Beat 2 eggs cook them on med heat (it's easier for me if I have a griddle) flip eggs, so both sides cook, add whatever ingredients you like, fold over. Remove from heat and enjoy.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011