Did I overreact? Mature content! Talking about gay bashing! adult content

Do you ever get personally offended by something even when it doesn't actually pertain to you?  So my friend and her hub were here for a little bit to drink some coffee and talk after the guys got off of work.  They were talking about eating at a restaurant and said some very rude comments about the gay male couple who were seated next to them at this restaurant.  The hub was talking about how the guys were touching eat others faces and feeding each other and how sick it made him.  Even said that he wished he had a baseball bat with him and how his kids don't need to be seeing that shit.  I tried to be polite at first and I tried to just change the subject.  Well, he didn't let it go so I told him to have a cup of STFU.  I don't want MY children hearing his ridiculous bs.  What if that was my son he was talking about?  So I then asked him "What if that was YOUR son sitting in that restaurant, would you want someone talking about HIM like that"?  He said "I wouldn't have no son no more".  I was like okay whatever STFU with your racist BS because I'm sick of hearing it.  Not only has this happend today ladies, this is the same man who makes fun of Dora constantly for speaking Spanish on her show and that she "needs to get the shit out of her mouth".  It doesn't really matter if I overreacted or not, what's done is done I just want some opinions.  Or vent about your own thing, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would've gave him a HUGE piece of my mind, and I have done it before! I don't care to associate with racist gay bashers, and I refuse to tolerate any slurs or hateful remarks against gays and other races. What an a-hole.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would have done the same, and they would no longer be my friends.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You did NOT overreact. I'd say sorry you had Neanderthals for friends... but Neanderthals were smarter than that.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would have done the same thing you did and more, this is the kind of parent that drive gay youth to suicide, you certainly did not over react, kudos to you for standing up to bigots like that!

Answer by older at 1:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• He sounds like a true ass.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Wow you go girl that was right! Shame on them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• If anything you didn't react strong enough. I would no longer be friends with them...PERIOD. I have no room in my life for pigs.

My guess is if it were a female couple he would be regaling you with stories about how sexy it was.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• He does sound like an ass just as pp mentioned.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Now you have the opportunity to find better friends to hang out with!
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I probably would have reacted just like you. I also would be finding new people to go out with for coffee. You don't want your kids around people like that.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 1:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011