what is going on?

last night when my midwife checked me I was 4 cm dilated and 70% effaced, I am due tomorrow. She even stayed the night last night because from 7pm-12am contractions were very close together. After she checked me I started to bleed and a huge soft chunk came out, it was bloody. I am assuming that was the rest of the mucas plug. My midwife says I am in the beginning of labor, but since last night I have had no contractions. Has this ever happened to anybody, what's going on, does it sound like the baby will come soon?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 1:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think so... sounds like that was your mucus plug... (god I hate that name :D) strange though that you aren't having contractions... what is your midwife saying? Are you feeling movement from baby??
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My midwife said I am in labor, and since I am a VBAC and my body is handeling this like a first time labor that it is normal, she said baby can decide to stay in though for another week or so...But she said she highly doubts that, and yes the baby is moving as usual and his heart rate has been a consistant 136.
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think you're ok. :) Baby will be here before you know it!! Congratulations!!
    I'm having #2 in 2 weeks and I haven't felt any BH contractions yet, unless they just feel that different this time. Sometimes I feel my belly tighten but it's not an "internal" feeling like it was last time. I had the option for VBAC but I opted for another c-sect because I don't want to go thru hours of pushing if it's gonna end up as another c-sect anyway. They said last time either my pelvis was too small or I had a bone spur preventing her from coming out.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011