Did you bring your breast pump to the hospital?

I'm having baby #2 in 2 weeks from today, if she doesn't decide to come sooner. I had NO problems breastfeeding #1, but I'm packing my "just in case" bags & I don't know if the pump is overkill, or if I were to need it the hospital would have some, I'm sure. But I bet they'll charge me out the wazoo for using it...

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't bother
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 1:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yes i did ... and i didnt use it
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I also wouldn't bother... one more thing to misplace.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Cool. I have an itching feeling that I should bring it, but I can have DH go home and get it if I *REALLY* needed it. I really don't want to misplace it, good point. I also don't want to walk in there looking like I'm going on a 2 week vacation. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I wouldnt' bother. Unless the babies are in the NICU you don't want to use it anyway. If the babies are in the nicu, you will want to use the good one they have there.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I live in Atlanta and Northside Hospital would not allow me to use my own Breastpump.
    CristinaC1014

Answer by CristinaC1014 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Unless you spent several hundred dollars on one, the ones the hospital has are a much higher grade than those typically sold in stores. I had to use one after I had #1 (he was in the NICU) and one after #4, and they didn't charge me any extra over the typical delivery charges (or if they did, my insurance paid for it)

Answer by missanc at 1:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The hospital gave me a pump to use while I was at the hospital when I had my son. I would not bring yours with you.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 5:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011