power out!!!!!!!!!!

ya know i rly love them and they do so much for me and my bf and our kids but sometimes they take advantage!!! Well thier power got cut off cuz the bill was 600 bucks. i feel bad cuz its so cold there and they have no power to heat their house. me and my bf are getting our taxes back soon but im not sure if he wants to help them pay the bill or not??? should we?? or should i have the they are grown ass adults attitude??? I have a friend who pushes these ideas into my head about them being grown and having to deal with it but its only becuz her mom is a piece of crap and she found a man who makes enough to support her and her daughter. im rly confused on what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• HUH?  Slow down babe!  Okay, so your parents need help turning their heat back on?  Yes, if my parents or my hubs parents needed help with the heat, their bill would already be paid.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm not sure as to why they got there electric turned off, I'm assuming it was for not paying the bill, in which case ask yourself where the money went. If they didn't have the money in the first place there are places that will help them. You know if they are worthy of your help or not, if they are and you WANT to help them (and bf agrees) then do so,but don't throw it in their face at a later date, if not, then go on about your business. Sometimes even adults need help, as long as they are doing everything they can to pay the bills and not blowing the money on non necessity items.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Is always good to help a friend in need as long as you arenot hurting yourself. You should ask yourself if they would help you if the situation was reversed. You'll probably never recieve that kind of gift from them so maybe they do need to find another way.
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 1:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Who had their power turned off????
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my bfs parents had their power turned off!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• sry for the confusion! its my bfs parents who got thier power cut off. And i think we should help them but they are always behind on rent!!! im not sure where all their money goes but i think maybe we should at least pay half the bills ya know? maybe another brother from my bf could pay the other half? or they could themselves when they get thier taxes back??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think you should have a serious talk with them about where thier money is going before you make a long term commitment to help them regularly, just in case addictions or other issues are involved. But just this once you should help for sure. They are family and you cant let them freeze. It is terrible that your friend is trying to tell you not to help family in need! There is nothing that my mother in law could do that would make me want to let her freeze in the middle of winter. You also should talk to the rest of his family about how they could help out.
    Have you talked to your boyfriend? What are his feelings? They are his parents so what he thinks is very important. Even if you didnt care they are his parents and if he cares you should help out of respect and love for him.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The sentence in your post that said they do a lot for you two, why would you even consider not helping them! Don't listen to people who are not involved in your immediate situation, if you have it to help, you should.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2011