Is it normal to have shortness of breath?

I am only 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and I have been getting out of breath so easy. I am a small person, so weight is not the problem and I am a very active person. But i feel like I can't walk to the mailbox without being out of breath. Normal or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely! I freaked out when this was happening to me! I talked to my doctor apparently it is because you are producing so much more blood that it effects your respiratory system. She said it was your body's natural reminder to take it easy.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It can be normal, but blood clots are also common so it's better to mention it to your OB just in case.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 2:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Very normal..but 8 1/2 weeks seems early for that..but then again every single pregnancy is different.
    missmay5

Answer by missmay5 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011