Does anyone take omega 3 supplements? Saw on Dr. oz to do, if you are lacking in your diet.

laur1963

Asked by laur1963 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Lacking Omegas in your diet?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I take an Omega 3-6-9 . My diet cannot contain all that I need due to food allergies.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes, mostly you get the omegas from fish, flaxseed...things I don't usually eat.
    laur1963

Comment by laur1963 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I've been taking an Omega 3 supplement every day for awhile now.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 2:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Yes, I take a high quality fish oil every day. A recent Harvard study found that omega 3 deficiency is one of the top killers in America. From what I've read it's important to have an important balance between your 3, 6, and 9 omega's. I found this blog very informative http://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpress/2009/01/28/why-i-love-essential-fatty-acids/

Other things you can do is cook with coconut oil, eat nuts, seeds, and avacados, and of course eat fish. I don't care much for fish myself which is why I choose to take the supplement.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2011