Suggestions on where to stay inside Disney World?

This will be out first trip taking our 5 year old and want to stay inside the park. Suggestions on a good place to stay?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 2:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Travel

• in orlando right .. the all star hotel is good and wont break your wallet like most of the resorts at disney( my grandpa works at disney iv grown up around pricing)
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The Pop Century was great for us. Basically a motel as far as amenities go, but the themeing was great (and we didn't spend that much time in the room, anyway). The Unofficial guide ranks it as the best of the"Value" resorts.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The only one I stayed at is the All Star. I think it's the most inexpensive. We had a ball. I really don't think you can go wrong in Disney.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I second the Pop Century resort. First of all if you want to use the Disney transportation, it's the only value resort that has it's own bus. The others share a bus and it's a real pain in the butt! Pop Century is nice and has a lot of fun stuff to do on property.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The hotels, such as pop century,allstar,,,the value places..They are small but the price is right and if you are anything like us, we were not in our rooms much.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• the budget hotels inside the park are the all star resorts. They all have a pool and 1 bus stop and a food court. the moderate hotels have a few bus stops a fancier pool area , hot tubs and a sit down restaurant ( Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans etc) then you have the superior ones like Fort Wilderness, Polynesian,etc.  have other transportaion ( boats- Monorail etc) and more amenities.  They are also closer to the different parks.  the cheaper the room the further away. I have stayed at both Budget and moderate-  Both are fine for me.

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011