How many hours do you nap your child?

I have a 15 month old DD and nap her 2-3 hrs a day. She naps from 11:30-1:30 and if I am lucky she takes another nap from 3:30 to 4:00-4:30pm.. if anything, I can get a half hour to an hour nap in that time. I am curious how long your child naps to get an idea how much sleep each family gives their child. I know there are recommended hrs for certain ages.. but I would like to hear from mommies themselves.

** She does sleep 11-12hrs per night **

SimpleeMommy

Asked by SimpleeMommy at 2:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• By 15 months my son was down to one 2-3 hour nap/day. At 28 months he is sleeping 1-2 hours/day. He sleeps 11-12 hours/night.

Answer by missanc at 2:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My 23 month old daughter lays down about 12:30 for her nap and usually wakes about 3:30 or 4:00...she goes to bed for the night at (pm..usually wakes in the morning between 8-9 a.m.

It took a couple months to get her down to just taking one long nap.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• She's 27 months and her nap is maybe 1.5 hours.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son was taking a 3-4 hour nap at that age (and still is, at 3.5 years). My daughter was napping for about 2 hours, and now at 21 months, that's the absolute most I can expect, if she sleeps at all. And both slept/sleep 11-12 hours at night.

It really depends on the child and her needs. My son is a sleeper (obviously) and does actually need all that sleep -- he's a bear if he doesn't get it. But my daughter is fine with no nap half the time, and she's two years younger.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son is two this month and he takes about a 2 hour nap give or take a half an hour depending on how tired he is.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son doesn't nap and hasn't since he was 9 months old. WHICH since he doesn't get cranky or moody the ped said was perfectly fine. 10% of kids don't need a lot of sleep and he is one of them.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my 2yr old naps for 1 hour in the afternoon and goes to bed at 8pm and gets up aroud 8am
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 3:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my daughter ranges from 30min to about 2 hours per nap, and she usually takes 2 naps a day
    kiraray822

Answer by kiraray822 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011