Can you use pro-Active while pregnant?

I know there is a lot that you can't use, is this one of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you can use ProActiv while pregnant.  Call their hotline and ask your Dr. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• probably not, chemicals from things like hair dye or artifical sweeteners in low cal drinks are things that can affect the baby with the actual chemicals through harsh smells and digesting it, all pro active is is really some soap with some skin treatments on it that you put on your face, if your worried though just ask your doctor.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes. The active ingredient is Benzol (sp?) Peroxide which is perfectly safe.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• WRONG ladies. My doctor told me absolutely not when I was pregnant with both of my kids. It's not because they can prove its unsafe it's because is is considered to be unknown.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yes. its salicylic acid you cant use.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I use it and it works just fine. There are debates on whether you should or not and NO ONE can actually give a specific answer.  Some say yes, some say no.  In my opinion, because I have used it, yes it's safe.  Do your research, weight the pros and cons.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I use it everyday, my baby is just fine.

I think people should stop worrying, that's the only part of this question that will affect the baby.

The only "precaution" that's been said about it is to not leave clumps of it on your skin. That's only because of the benzoyl peroxide that's in it. Very very little of it gets absorbed into your bloodstream. And practically none passes the placenta.
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 3:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Drs are pretty stupid, i bet right now you put things on your face that over time cause cancer and polutes your body.

PSYCICIANS ARE NOT DRS OF MEDICINE, THEY ARE DRS OF PPHYSIOLOGY.

IF YOU KNEW WHAT BPO WAS, YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO USE IT?

LETS PUT IT THIS WAY, THE NASTY CHEMICALS THAT MAKE ACRYLIC NAILS? THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT?

BENZOYL PEROXIDE LOL

YEAH, PRETTY SAFE HUH? MAYBE FOR YOUR NAILS!!!

BPO IS ALSO IN ALOT OF YOUR FOODS, DOG FOODS,CAT FOODS ETC...

CRACKS ME UP WHEN UNEDUCATED PEOPLE SAY, YEAH this poison is safe!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2011