My gf isn't due for another 2months...

This girl I work with isn't due for another 2 months ...and she just went in and they said her baby was 4 lbs already!!! Has anyone had this happen to them? What happened? Did you end up going early?!

MrsPilat

Asked by MrsPilat at 5:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• from what ive read on the internet that is about what a 6-7 month fetus is suppose to weigh. I wouldnt worry and niether should she
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 5:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• All these ultrasounds are also estimates. I had an ultrasound 5 days before my daughter was born and they told be she already weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces. They were positive she would be over 7 pounds. She was born 6 pounds, 1 ounce. So it's not really an exact science!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• oh okay thanks :) I don't know why but that just seems really big to me ...LOL
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 5:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My daughter was 7 weeks premature and 4 pounds 7 ounces.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• That's not large. The baby only has 8 more weeks....It'll probably be around 8lbs. Ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate on weight either.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• that sounds fine lol i mean at 9 months my son was 8 lbs and 14 oz
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• my best friend at 35 weeks went in and they told her that her son was 6lbs 13oz!!!!!! shes 37 weeks now and the docs havnt induced her yet!
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 11:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2008