Discipling a 3 year old who doesn't care.....lol!!~

Our son turned 3 in Nov. We've been doing Time outs since 18 months. We try to get down to his level, short explanations, toys taken away, stern consistent voices and consequences, well, since turning the Dreaded 3... none of this is working.. lol.. we can NOT get him to be nice to our 5 month old kitten for anything.. while I was on the phone with my husband who is home with him, he just had Max tell me what he did ( was not nice to the kitten) and told me he got his scooby taken away and it made him sad.. well, no sooner than my husband getting back on the phone I hear my husband yell, MAX NO- You go up to your room... Now you got Jessie taken away ( Jessie from toy story is his favorite toy ) And he went calmly to his room, walked back out and says "here dad, you forgot to take away Jessies hat too" then walked back in his room... I couldn't help but to laugh on the phone ... my husband also has a smart witty smart ass quality that seems.. oh SO similar to how my son acts, its uncanny..lol!!~ I think I'm in trouble.. No questions, just a funny I got to laugh at today.

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My almost 3 year old is like that. She just dont care. Put her in the corner and she just goes without complaint and will stand there quietly as long as I choose to leave her there. When she gets out, she just goes on as if nothing happened. When she needs a spanking, I tell her and she just says ok and turns around and waits. My 6 year old at least covers her butt or tries to. What do we do for discipline with these crazy kids?
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 3:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Lol! He's 100% normal!

We are having issues with picking up toys lately, and we tell the twins that they can keep the toys they pick up and the rest are ours. So, now when we ask them to pick something up they say, "Oh, that is Mommy's/Daddy's toy," or sometimes they will actually pick the toys up and carry them to our room and tell us to keep them. When I took things away from my oldest she would often bring me something else and ask me if I wanted it too.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We did the Toy thing when Max turned 2 when we started teaching him to put away his own toys too.. we bought this bright orange painters buckets and set a timer for WAY longer than it should have taken for even a 2 year old to put away the toys.. well, when the timer went off and he didn't put more than 1 toy away.. for 3 months straight, every night.. he would say.. Mommies toys now - lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• all i can say is good luck sister my 5 old is out of control
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 7:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011