Need advice on a vitamin regimin for myself.

I don't take any vitamins. Never really have. Not long ago someone at work gave me a packet that included 7 vitamins in it. I'll be honest- I don't know what they were- but I was amazed that I felt different, better, more energized that day. Maybe it was in my head- but maybe not. So my question is- what would you say are the MUST HAVES as far as vitamins go? I know the answer would somewhat depend on what your diet is like- but I'd like to start a vitamin regimin and really don't know where to begin? I'm 36. I'm not a vegitarian or completely organic shopper- but I try to stay away from pocessed foods. I don't do fast food- Your suggestions are welcome!

cutiepie39

Asked by cutiepie39 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Health

• As long as you are not pregnant, I would just buy a Centrum Vitamin & you could add a vitamin D.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I started perimenopause and began taking a regular women's multi vitamin, it helps dramatically.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 3:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I was taking a multivitamin and then started watching Dr. Oz. He recommended one that had 100% of several vitamins and I realized my vitamin was not up to those levels. So, I found a new one and feel better taking it. Go to Dr. Oz's website and put vitamins in the search bar (not question bar) GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Look into Juice Plus. It's whole food based nutrition vs synthetic vitamins. Juice Plus is a simple way to get all the nutrients we need to be healthier. www.welovejuiceplus.com Find out more about our products and read the research on the website and decide for yourself.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Most diets don't contain enough magnesium these days. I've always taken calcium, but when I switched to calcium with magnesium, I felt so much better.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would consult your primary care dr.
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011