Don't drink caffeine much but boy when I do......

I tend to gulp it. i love sweet tea and have been trying not to drink caffeine since I found out that i was pregnant 5 weeks ago. I have maybe drank 4 caffeinated drinks. Today I got me tea and got two refills on it. Now I feel so bad! The Dr. told me one caffeneited drink per day! But I thought maybe I balanced it out since I usually don't drink them but today had 3 glasses. Is that okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• how much caffeine is in tea anyway? im sure its okay as long as you dont drink it every day
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Drink Decaf tea.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes, don't freak. Dr.'s are just not sure how caffeine affects(or is it effects) fetuses. Just make sure it's not all that you are drinking. Since you love sweet tea so much (like me), buy some decaffeinated tea. You can't tell the difference.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You can still enjoy caffeine, It's just not recommended to consume more than 200mg a day.

It really depends on what kind of tea your drinking. I know mothers that ignored the caffeine rule and their babies turned out just fine.

My advice is to be cautious but don't worry too much about it. :)

Also, here's a list of caffeinated drinks and how much caffeine each drink contains:

www.wilstar.com/caffeine.htm
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 3:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yeah dony stress about it
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 6:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It brings up fetal heart rate. http://www.wilstar.com/caffeine.htm is a handy guide I use.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 7:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011