Mubarak to step down in September, at the next election . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/01/thousands-converge-cairo-demand-mubarak/

My opinion?  He's not going to last until September.  The protesters want him gone NOW!

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 3:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Sometimes you have to take what you can get. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure it hasn't all gone to far. Some areas of rioting have become vicious. I'm not sure those people are thinking straight now. Looks like they will tear down the city witch will only make their lives worse no matter who is in office.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• the police keep the people in check if the protests continue
    _______________________________-
    The police are violent enemies of the public, and have largely disappeared. The military is trying to keep order! I agree OP, the people will not wait until September. However already they have achieved a goal of not having Mubarack appoint his corrupt son to continue his administration. The people have never voted for Mubarack, at least he is not going to continue his rule.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Great news and I agree, take what you can get.... I have watched a few hours of video footage and the people are mostly chanting and singing, not rioting. Let's hope they remain civil and the police keep the people in check if the protests continue. They will celebrate come September !
    Anonymous

• I agree Stacy, the people shouldn't have to wait. Mubarack has got to go! Is there any chance he will step down sooner and the military take over in the interim?
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agree Stacy, the people shouldn't have to wait. Mubarack has got to go! Is there any chance he will step down sooner and the military take over in the interim? _________________________

I am afraid it may turn violent unless he just gives it up. When the entire country is united against him, and he still doesn't step down, that just goes to show you the extent of his attitude of entitlement. I believe there is a person who is neutral enough that many people are gathering to support him as an interim leader:http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/8046838-elbaradei-shaping-up-as-interim-leader-in-egypt

stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Did I just hear correctly, that Mubarak has spent most of the last 3 decades living OUTSIDE of Egypt?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Transition like this does not happen overnight. The people are acting like bratty kids wanting him out now ... I am for the people but you need to think straight on how this works! It is a process to set things up. I think September is too far off! I'd say May at the latest!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011