Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does it seem like an ex never quits bothering you ?

My ex husband is always texin or calling me keeping me stressed out . He says it's my place to take the kids to him for him to see them . He will not pay child support and he does not make an effort to come to them .

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • What does your visitation agreement state? Mine states that XH has to provide all transport.

    Also, why does he not pay CS?

    Answer by Jademom07 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • If he doesn't pay CS than tell him to bugger off. Do not drive the children to him. If he wants something than he can drive to your city. You raise the children and you should do thing for him when he doesn't even want to drive there? Noway. Talk to an attorney and ask him or her what can you do about him. I hope everything will turn out well for you.

    Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • If he doesn't pay CS than tell him to bugger off.

    I would be careful if you take this advise. Just because he doesn't pay doesn't mean that there isn't a standing visitation order. You could be in contempt.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • You should be looking at your divorce decree and go by that. If he doesn't go by it then I'd start writing down each occurance and then modify it accordingly.

    Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • You have to go by your court order, but telling him to bugger off instead of doing him any favors (above and beyond your court order) would be lots of fun! ;o)

    Answer by misses_nick at 3:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • Sounds like he still wants to control you even he is not with you. I would file for child support and do visitation through to specifically state what the trasportation arangements are.

    Answer by Azita888 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • it is just a way of control! if he dose not pay CS then u dont have to take the children to visit him.. if i was in ur shoes i would either take him to court, or call CS to get him on his CS cause its his responsibility as the father! Unless he wants to sign his rights over? witch wold be hard on the kiddos, then all the qustions when they r older. but there are waysto get him on that an far as textin save all ur texts msgs an go to the police an get a restraining order due to him harrassing u, an u have proof right there to back everything up( on ur phone).

    Answer by heiditr at 4:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • i do have a lot of proof and i have witnesses that when he does call he doesn't want to talk to the kids just me

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • if he doesnt pay he has no right to see the kids. he has to take u to court or vice versa. just dont respond to him. nothing good is coming out of it

    Answer by MamaSince2005 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.