Do I love him?

I think I do. Me and my best guy friend talk a lot and we share inside jokes. He is living with someone and I don't know if she knows we talk and hang out at work but I'm starting to get a crush on him. Does anyone have a crush on one of their friends? I mean I'm pretty sure he feels something for me because he's always looking for a reason to tickle me or give me little love taps. We flirt a lot and people assume we're boyfriend/girlfriend. I can't help but feel bad about all of this. On one hand we've been friends for years and on the other he has a girlfriend. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my friend but I don't want to hurt anyone either. Should I tell him how I feel or just leave it alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• telling him couldn't hurt if you think he feels the same way.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'd leave it alone for now. Imagine how you'd feel if it was you in his gf's place and you had no idea of everything going on behind your back with someone else. It doesn't feel good, does it. If he breaks up with her on his own, then you have your chance. But don't be the person who broke up a couple who may have had a chance. If he doesn't break up with her, it probably means he has feelings for her.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• SOunds like how my brother and I get along. He always takes a poke at me and jokes around.
    Maybe I read you passage here wrong, but my brother jokes.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Tell him how you feel, and if he feels the same way - insist he break things off with his girlfriend. Infidelity is not a good ground to start a relationship off of, and it's just plain crappy to do to another person.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Agree with Marianne140. If he didn't have a GF it would be different, but for now leave it alone.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Just ask him. You wont have a comfortable friendship with all this wondering and repressed feelings. Have him have a serious talk with you about it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would hold off until he and the girlfriend figure out what they are doing. To insist he break it off with someone who is an innocent party and might actually love this guy as well is just flat out mean cold and not right. Even though you both have been friends you need to consider her feelings as well. Wait and see if they make it, if not and they break up then step in talk to him and see what is going on.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2011