The historic delemma in Egypt.

This is a very good article on the situation in Egypt and its likely ramifications on the world. What do you think?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/02/01/a_historic_dilemma_in_egypt.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think it's time for the recipient of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize to show his stuff!!

LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It's a balancing act for sure
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think there are 20 women on CM who would understand the article. The uprising supporters are still listening to their husbands and the liberal blogs they read.

An important aspect of the Muslim Brotherhood ideology is the sanctioning of Jihad such as the 2004 fatwa issued by Sheikh Yousef Al-Qaradhawi making it a religious obligation of Muslims to abduct and kill U.S. citizens And missiles in Lebanon as of Sunday are now pointed towards Israel.

Things will never be the same.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agree Lori but I'm not holding my breath and with you too jjb...

from article: "Everyone grasps the message: America's word is worthless; an alliance with America is unreliable; American has lost it. A result of this understanding will be a turn toward China, Russia and regional powers such as Iran, Turkey and Brazil. The second result of this insight will be a series of international conflagrations that will result from the loss of America's deterrent power."

"So, for both our reputation and our interests in the Middle East and beyond: Support Mr. Mubarak. Down with the revolution. Up with orderly progress."

"America has lost it"… How did we get to this place? Oh, silly me, now that is a stupid question...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011