Babysitting at your house????

Just wanted to give the non licensed childcare providers a heads up. A woman in my neighborhood, who is not licensed, was keeping 2 children in her home. She had DHR show up on her doorstep with a fine of 700 dollars. In my state you can only babysit a non-related child for up to 4 hrs a day. It doesn't matter the hours if you do it in their house. Which doesn't really make sense, but thats the law. It is different from state to state though. If interested just google non licensed childcare regulations for your state. Just didn't want this happening to anyone else trying to help bring in some income.

arenad

Asked by arenad at 3:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am a professional nanny, and I would never keep children in my home without a license. You need it to cover your, um bootie. In their home you are better off because if you are in their home and they suspect something is amiss, they can install cameras and prove one way or the other. If you are in your own home and unlicensed, they do not have any alternative other than accuse you and let the pieces fall where they may.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• you dont need a license in Maine, but you should be at least registered as license exempt.

Its not required, but it will also help you get more business.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011