How to go back to scool to become a CNA?

My situation is I am currently working for Staffing agencies etc. basically what ever I can get at this point! But my goal is to go back to school for CNA. but I dont have the money for the classes my self, an I have called several Nursing homes to see if they do sponsor ships ( kind of like they pay for the classes an u work for them for bout 6 mths - yr!
This economy rght now kind of sucks an I honestly feel I could better myself by going back to school for my CNA, not only that I would be able to help provide more for my children as well as boost my self esteam!
Really i dont know why places wouldnt consider sponsoring students cause the companies could use it for taxes etc. I mean its a win win situation either way I see it?

heiditr

Asked by heiditr at 4:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm actually in a CNA program. I'm 3 weeks in. I use the pell grant and tax return money. The program I'm in costs about $600, including your CPR class you have to have.
    I do know however, at least in IL, that you can start working as a "CNA" 120 days before you take your state test. So next month I plan on going out and applying for jobs around town.
    If you have any Q's let me know! I want to go on to do my RN.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yeah i know see thats the thing everyone i have talked to tells me pell grants wont pay for the course cause its only what a 6 -9 wk cousre? i hate this feeling cause i feel like its at my fingure tips and i cant grasp it! lol this is summthn i really want to do! UUGGHH!!
    heiditr

Comment by heiditr (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Start with a community college. Make an appointment with a financial aid counselor

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• many places offer financial aid right there at the training place, at least that is the case here in Ohio. Call around to places who will train you to become a CNA and ask.
    Good luck. Healthcare is a rewarding career and needs good hearted, caring people.
    vgriffinmama

Answer by vgriffinmama at 7:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011