How modest are you around family?

Do you see other family members nude? I mean in everyday situations. My family have always been very open with things like that.

Claire.d

Asked by Claire.d at 4:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, we are also very open. I think the human body is beautiful and we should teach our children that they should not be embarassed by their bodies.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• clothing optional household... nothing wrong with nudity, its normal, natural, and isn't anything to be ashamed of.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i'm pretty open of course i cover aroung male cousins and uncles. but my aunties no shame. i wont go naked but if i had to change in front of them no problem.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 4:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• immediate family - daughters no issue at all with them seeing me naked. 13 yr old son - no.

extended family - there is never a time when we are in a situation that our clothing would be off.  I have no issue with it (females only) but my in laws are very modest and would have issue with it.  There is never a time that I can think of where it would be appropriate or necessary to be naked in front of a male relative.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm pretty open about it....I usually judge their comfort level....I have one daughter who is extremely modest and I respect that, another that isn't and I respect that, too.....My husband is very modest, even around me...my son is 10 and I've started being modest around him for his own comfort....although he doesn't seem to care one way or the other.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011