Okay I have no cable and I don;t get the newspaper so someone explain to me what the heck is the deal in Egypt.

Nothing technical just the basic idea. All the articles I have looked up have gotten to political and It get tried of trying to figure it out.

Yes, I am Naive and possibly stupid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think they are mad at us, per se, but sick of their president who has been the president for 30 years and they want change. I do think that the current president is an ally with the US in regards to Egypt's policies on Israel. I don't think the protesters in general have the same view on Israel which is what makes our government nervous. We want democracy in Egypt, but we really want it to be a democracy that supports our policies with Israel and that will keep the peace with them.

But, take that with a grain of salt because I am sure there are many more who know more than I do about this topic. This is just what I have gathered during my ten minutes of NPR in the car on my way to work everyday.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• OP....Obviously, you have the INTERNET... Google is your friend.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• so they are mad at us?
    _____________________
    It has nothing to do with the US. They are throwing out their dictator president and demanding democracy
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• OP, too funny, however, I am sure you aren't stupid, lol, because you know that C/M has the some of the very best, current info.!!!  

I would vote for several of the ladies that post regularly in P&CE if I had the opportunity!  

This post has some good info. http://www.cafemom.com/answers/722596/What_should_Obama_do_about_Egypt_Exactly

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• They dont like their president. The have high unemployment. They are pissed. They decided to have protests. It did not start because they are mad at us. They were mad at their leader.

Answer by gemgem at 4:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The people are tired of living under a dictator. Unemployment is awful and if you do work you make next to nothing. Food is outrageously priced and most spend 1/2 their income to feed a family 2 meals a day. They want change with Mubarak leaving to be the first one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Nothing technical just the basic idea. All the articles I have looked up have gotten to political and It get tried of trying to figure it out.

***

Sorry OP, but really, when you post a question like the above, WHAT exactly are we supposed to say?! How about asking a SPECIFIC question or two, or perhaps READING what is or has ALREADY been posted?!

You say all of the articles you've attempted to read get "too political," well that's what this conflict IS about!! So, if politics BORES you, then I don;t understand why any of us should spend time posting links, summarizing and trying to educate you! We're only given 940 characters, and there is nothing I can say that hasn't already been written!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm guessing the President is a A hole and everyone's rioting against him.
    Anonymous

• LOL, read through all the posts on here.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• so they are mad at us?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2011