How many of you ladies live in Chicagoland area??Ready for this storm?

I live at the tip of IL. right by the lake and we are ready are you guys? I have cabin fever though! :)

Kelly2573

Asked by Kelly2573 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Bring it on!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm in Central IL...has it not hit you yet?
    We're getting wind whipped with snow lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No not really just flurries
    Kelly2573

Comment by Kelly2573 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm in Central IL too. Glad we stocked up and filled the gas tank yesterday! Spending the next 48 hours in the house and playing board games and watching tv with DH and son. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Well my husband is driving home from work and he said the wind is blowing pretty bad-here we go
    Kelly2573

Comment by Kelly2573 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• we live in melrose park il and its windy and snowing here. dh is working till 10 and i hope he makes it home but i told him that if its bad out then go to his aunts house and sleep there. we went to the store and made sure we have enough stuff to last for a while.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• 5 miles south here and we are getting ThunderSnow! Power hasn't went out but it probably will tonight with all the ice building up on the trees and power lines.

We are ready.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I've been talking to my family and friends in Chicago (on facebook). They are all battening down the hatches and saying, "BRING IT!"
    I hope my dad is all stocked up. He can't get out because of a disability and his car barely runs anyway. Hopefully the neighbors keep an eye on him. I'm originally from there and always seem to miss the big blizzards. The last few we seemed to be living elsewhere, lol. We moved out of town right before that big storm that caused the crash at Midway (which is where my dad lives...my husband works for Southwest and worked out of Midway before we moved). Missed the blizzard in 99, too. I guess I'm lucky (it's sunny and 44F here today in SW WA)
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• o am north of chicago in milwaukee
    everythin i know is hoping storm stays further sotu (chicago) and we get less
    sorry
    most likely you guyds are hoping the worst of the storm heads north to us

wishes for safe warm days ahead for all you Bears fans
    ...ps
    go pack go! -lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Geez laweez. It is winter in Chicago. It get cold, it snows.

Just remember, bend your knees when you shovel

Answer by rkoloms at 11:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2011