Anyone reading any really good books at this time? A real page turner???

laur1963

Asked by laur1963 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I just read "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown, "Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton, and the Millennium Trilogy from Stieg Larsson. All good books.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• the whold house of night series by p.c. and kristin cast theres 8 books so far theres night world series by l.j.smith but im a vampire person lol
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I've read "Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton, too. It is a pretty good, but not his best. I'm actually reading "The Rasputin File" by Edvard Radzinsky, it's non fiction, not a real page turner, but interesting nonetheless.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I just started The Last Child by John Hart for a book club read, and it grabbed me right from the beginning. I'm only about 50 pages in, so nothing has really happened yet, but the writing is amazing.

And I'm also reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver. It's a good book, too, interesting premise. Young adult, dystopian society kind of book and what you'd expect there; good take on it.

And one of my all-time favorites is the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin (first book: A Game of Thrones). It is AWESOME. It's one of those books that's so good it makes you want to skip ahead just to see what's going to happen next. :) There are 4 books out in the series right now, and I'm (still!) eagerly awaiting the 5th. And there's an HBO series based on the first book starting in April.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• "Prayer of Jabez" by Burce Wilkinson...read it again every so often... as well as his other books "Secrets of the vine" and "A Life God Rewards"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 5:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• S.M. Stirling - The sword of the Lady- its like book 5 in the serise. The first one is called Dies the Fire and is SUPER good read
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Any of the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child, and the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. If you like fantasy, check out the Dragonlance Chronicles, and if you like challenging, intelligent novels, The Collected Fictions of Jorge Borges.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 11:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm reading one called The Potluck Club...I wouldn't call it a page turner, but I love the characters and have done some laughing and crying along with them....I think it's the first book in a series...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2011