my hub excluding me out of plans

I found out today by mutual friends,hub,my son,and I were invited to their superbowl party.my hub told theme he rather not have my son or I there b/c my son will get in way. Wtf!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• How old is the son? If they are in diapers I can see that being an issue... secondly, how much "me time" does he get, and does he deserve some "free time"...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• He is not fit to be called husband. I do not think he should go.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Then he can't go either!

Really!

He is a dad and part of being a dad is taking care of your children. A child getting in the way...maybe he should have thought of that before you had kids!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Sounds like he want to go alone. Do you all usually go?

Answer by louise2 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have to say I agree with mommaclark3. Maybe it is just that he wants to be able to watch the super bowl without having to worry about the kids. I would just talk to him, it is probably a misunderstanding. I know that sometimes my husband or I need a break and going out with friends and not having to worry is a good thing.

I understand you might be upset, although you are getting this information second hand therefore you might not be getting the correct information. As I said before I would just talk to you husband. Also, don't start a fight with him, just ask him. Listen to what he has to say.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My son is 6 and isn't his. He is very hyper he says. I usually never go b/c he always rather go alone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Is this a desire to male bond or is he really being insensitive? I would gently approach your husband for an answer and if he just wants man time, let him be but let him know he needs to watch his words regarding your son.
    1sweetswift

Answer by 1sweetswift at 5:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• he's an ass for admitting that... sorry!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You know what I would do? Since all three of you were invited, I would go. He does not have the right to decline for you. So tell him tonight that you and son will be going, and then if he decides he doesn't want to be there, let him be the one to stay home. He has a lot of nerve, but then I guess he wasn't planning on your finding out that you'd been invited nor that he had declined for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Regardless of if he needs some "me time" or not, he should have talked to you about it. I'm sorry, he married you knowing you had a son, so he took on the part of being a stepdad, which sometimes means staying at home and watching the big game as a family. If I were you, I'd tell him it hurt you that he didn't even consider talking to you about it, he made the decision without talking to you, and also said your child would get in the way. Then I'd let him go, and have super bowl party without him. Don't bother telling him about it. Even if it's just you and your son.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2011