home birth or hospital birth?

im just wondering what you would rather do and why ...cuz im thinking of my second birth be a home birth im not pregnant right now but i plan on it soon ... and if you did do a home birth how did you manage the pain? and tell me about your birth experiences

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in

• hospital birth
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'd do a hospital birth ever single time, no matter how many babies. And did it all natural. You don't have to take the pain meds with a hospital birth. My aunt, had all 3 of her boys at home, on their kitchen table, and yes they still eat on it!!! She even planted the placenta and a tree over them. Each to their own. You have to be happy about the choice.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• hospital for me. im too paranoid about not having the resources available if something goes wrong. not against home births at all though, more power to you ladies! heres a bump so you can get more answers on that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Hospital, thank you. Something can go wrong and you or the baby is dead.

Answer by louise2 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I did one at a hospital and the other two at a birthing center. I do not like the hospital setting but depending on how close you live to the hospital. I am not sure I would want a home birth, because if there is a complication and your baby needs immediate help. What would you do in that instance? Good luck with your decision
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Hospital birth. I am sure that nine times out of ten a home birth is completely safe, but I would be so worried that I would be the one in ten with a major problem. God forbid I would bleed out or the baby would have a major problem and I wouldn't be able to get to the hospital in time. I would never be able to forgive myself so it is not a chance I would be willing to take.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I prefer hospital but can understand why some choose home..It's very intimate....I had both mine at hospital and it worked out fine...both were vaginal with epidural....Just takes me long to dialate
    Ktbugsmom22

Answer by Ktbugsmom22 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would abslutley love to do a home birh! I looked into it with my last two pregnancies, but we could not afford it, so I had to do hospital instead. Women have been giving birth at home with or with out midwives for centuries. And most Midwives are certified nurses now to. If you are nervous you can do a birthing center also. The pain of labor is not this terrible pain that will kill you. Have confidence in yourself that you can do it. I have had 3 natural labors and I plan on doing it with this one as well :) Good luck!
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 5:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• hospital birth...I would be too nervous for a home birth
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Home birth - I just had one with my last and will never have it any other way. I labored in the water. Which was amazing. I was so relaxed I just breathed like I normally do every day. I went form 5 cm to 10cm in an hour. I walked, yoga ball, rocking, pressure points and what ever makes me comfortable.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011