What to do in Orlando, Florida? DisneyWorld or BuschGardens/Sea World?

We're considering going to Orlando this Spring/Summer....any tips? Who's taken their kids and what were some of your do's/don't's? If we can only afford one, which should we do? Disney or SeaWorld/Busch Gardens? Our kids are 12, 11, and 8.

TimandMely4ever

Asked by TimandMely4ever at 5:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Travel

• disney for sure
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• your kids, considering their ages, might enjoy universal studios/islands of adventure over seaworld or disney world. seaworld, imo, is not much fun at all. there is only 1 or 2 rides there most of it is just attractions. disney world is great too though. busch gardens is down here by me in tampa, and they would all love that too. tampa is about an hour and a half, depending on traffic, from orlando. you might want to google orlando vacations or something and see if you can get some kind of pass to visit more than one place in the same day for a decent price. have fun!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I thought Sea World was a waste of a lot of money. Busch Gardens was ok. I liked Universal Studios better than Disney but you can get a free brochure from the area and see what interests your family. There is a little place called Old Town in Kississmee that my kids and I like just as much as the expensive theme parks. We stay at the motel next door and spend the evenings walking around there for free. They do have rides but they also have lots of shops. Something for everyone

Answer by admckenzie at 5:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We went to disney when were went to Orlando and we had a blast. We didn't stay in the park; although it was okay next time we would stay on the site. We did a different park everyday and it was so much fun. I have been to Bush Gardens in Virginia and I loved it; although I have never taken my kids. We went to Sea World in TX and we had a blast there; although the kids wanted to spend all their time in the water park.

I guess for me I would choose Disney because it has so much to offer. You kids aren't that old and there are so many rides and fun things to do. We had the best time at MGM because we hit almost every ride and attraction at that park. We also chose one of the water parks to go to and that was a lot of fun as well. I think it is one of the most memorable vacations my kids have gone on.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• DISNEY!!!!!! That is the Mother of all theme parks!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Between the two. WDW hands down. But what about Universal Studios. Your children are the perfect age.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 5:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I guess I just assumed that if we did Walt Disney World, we'd do all 4 of the Theme Parks in it. Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, and Epcot. Am I wrong? Can you not do all 4?
    TimandMely4ever

Comment by TimandMely4ever (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2011

• Universal Studios Orlando! A lot to do, the kids will love it. I've been with adults, with children, with adults and children and everybody loves it. To see everything and do it all, you need 2, possibly 3 days because there is some stuff you will repeat because it is so much fun. (SpiderMan, Men In Black). Disney, wow, what can you say, base your choice of the Disney Parks on the amount of time you plan to spend there 5 days, 7 days...and which park holds more of what you want to see. The 8-yr-old will like Universal and Disney, the others will like Disney, but probably love Universal, so you might want to pick Disney & Universal. Orlando hasa program where you pick and choose parks and they had discounted tickets, all the parks are "The Parks" together and not so much in competition, you should Google 4 or 5 Park "Orlando Flex Ticket".
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 8:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011