Is there a position that works best if you are trying to conceive?

or is that just an old wives tale? If there is (are), what position?

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, they only way a position could possibly help that I can imagine is if you allow for gravity to help....that being said, use your imagination.... :)........Honestly, the best way to conceive is to make love with sole intention of making love and you will have so much fun and laughter and joy that the two of you will become 3 (or more possibly)......enjoy yourselves, darling, don't make it seem like work...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I got pregnant while on top. It's an old wives tale.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• bottom and put a pillow under your butt! =) trust me!
    Littleguysmommy

Answer by Littleguysmommy at 6:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• missionary
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 6:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Nah, the swimmers only need to swim the right way!
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 6:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• From the responses I'd say anyway can work. I say just keep doing what your doing, maybe change positions and keep things fun!!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Good question, my friend got pg while on top, but I would assume other positions would be better to keep things where they belong :)
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Thanks all, he just told me he wants to start trying, I have been waiting a long time and I am desparate to get pregnant.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm telling you, use Preseed. http://www.preseed.com/ We used it 5 years ago, and I got pregnant the ONE time we DTD. We did it with me with my butt near the end of couch, and DH on his knees in front of me. My sin turns 4 next Tuesday
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 11:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't think it's scientific proof, but I would probably say doggy, because the man can get in there deeper. Also, as someone else said, make sure that you're just doing it to do it, not because you're "trying" at that particular moment. I would leave the semen inside. That's what I do when I'm trying to get pregnant. You're supposed to go to the bathrooom before and after to flush out any bacteria. IDK if that helps your chances if you keep it inside or not. Good luck!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2011